One of the largest employers in the United States with over 800,000 employees and pensioners, and annual operating revenues of $73 billion, needed to consolidate and migrate their 25 year old legacy HR and Payroll systems to a new ERP system.
This Company attempted a technical data migration effort with a team of 40 people. Their original approach of using an ETL tool and consolidating the data failed. Through 18 months of effort, only a small portion of the legacy data could be readied and loaded into the new system. Many issues occurred including the scalability of the effort across their operation and the need for validated data loads to meet a regulated environment.
Key IT and Business Challenges
- Failed attempt at data migration with team of 40 people
- ETL tool not meeting functional needs
- Scalability of project too difficult for existing team
- Heavily regulated environment added to scalability issues
- We provided a 1 week Data Audit to evaluate project efforts
- A deployment team of only 3 was used to reduce the Company's resources and deliver a Boring Go Live data migration
- Every paycheck was correct and the help desk was kept quiet after the go live
Why BackOffice Associates?
- The Company needed a solution that would provide a fast turnaround for their data migration and data quality issues. We were able to provide that with 100% accurate and relevant data